.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Midnight Hotel Blog

This Blog is for the book series Midnight Hotel.

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Working on the floorplan

Well, I've been working on the second floor floorplan for the hotel today. It's slow going, because of how big the building is. I got a decent start on it anyway. Once I get it finished, or at least the part that will be used in the first few books, I'll start working on the third floor.

I finally got all three sections of the first book printed off. I started working on editing them a bit more. At the moment, I'm working on the hard copies, then I'll put the changes into the file and reprint.

2 Comments:

Blogger Angela's Designs said...

That sounds interesting, making floor plan for what you're writing about.

I sort of did that once, for the transportation system in one of my otherworldly cities in my novel Starlit Destiny. I did it so I knew how it "worked", to help me with plotting. The information isn't in the book really, I just wanted to have a picture to look at so I wouldn't make mistakes.

Some websites have tons of details from the worlds they build, like one author...

http://www.kayelleallen.com/

July 18, 2005 8:02 PM  
Blogger Amy P. Reed said...

It is interesting. I plan on sending the printout of the floorplan with my submission of the first few chapters. I always like to see maps and things in the books I read, and since the hotel itself is the main setting, it makes sense to show where everything is.

If I get ambitious enough, I might do a layout of the city I'm creating to set the hotel in.

July 18, 2005 8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home