.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Midnight Hotel Blog

This Blog is for the book series Midnight Hotel.

Thursday, September 22, 2005

New story idea -- yes, another one!

As we prepare in case we catch a piece of Hurricane Rita, I had an idea for a new story.

A hurricane is heading for the (fictional) city of Bodeville, and everyone is getting ready for it. During the storm the hotel has to be able to deal with emergency after emergency as well as keep everyone alive, unhurt and unbitten (for the mortals at the hotel).

It's rough, but I might work on it and see how it goes. I found a writing workshop late last night. It's called "Fast Draft Workshop" and is over at Romance Divas (RD). The idea is to just start typing and commit to writing twenty pages a day for two weeks. Some of the folks in the workshop isn't quite getting twenty pages, but they are happy with what that can do. Whether it's four pages, ten pages, twenty pages, or even better, more than twenty pages a day. The main point is to write. The rules are to not go back and read what you wrote the day before and to turn off that internal editor in your head. Then after the two weeks is over, that's when you go back and read, rewrite, edit, etc.

We'll see how I do. I'll have a problem turning off that editor that lives in my head. I'll try to update this blog as I work. Wish me luck. (LOL)

3 Comments:

Blogger Shannon said...

Amy,
That's a great idea! All that tension from the storm and worries about worst case... and what if they get trapped! How long can everyone go before the big guys eat the poor little humans...
Shannon

September 22, 2005 3:47 PM  
Blogger Amy P. Reed said...

(LOL) Thanks, Shannon. One never knows what could happen in a storm. I've been through several hurricanes as well as tropical storms. Each is different.

Now to start writing it and see what happens. (G)

Oh, and yes, everyone needs to eat, don't they? (wink)

September 22, 2005 7:51 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

Amy,
Haven't seen hide nor hair of ya all day. I hope that means you are writing tons and too busy to chat with poor schloops like myself.

I certainly hope that your silence doen't have anythign to do with that pesky Rita. I've told Rath he need to help out a little here and tame that windy woman but he seems to be busy with wooing Destiny (which he's not even doing all that well.) Men are so unreliable.

(hugs)
Shannon
writing to 'bodies' by papa roach

September 25, 2005 9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home